Archdiocese of Rabaul
St. Mary's School of Nursing Dormitory
The latest completed building project by the Archdiocese of Rabaul Project office. Funding coming from Ausaid and was completed in November 2013.
For further details, please contact our Project Office @ 982-8344 or email us @ [email protected]
Excerpts from the Radio Interview with the Project Office.
Good morning listeners throughout the four districts of East New Britain. We are talking to you from the Catholic Archdiocese of Rabaul Project Office here at Vunapope – Kokopo.
The Project Office team are;
- Laisiat Vaivai; Project Officer
- Phil Dolby; Project Coordinator
- Lydia Roland; Project Assistant
- Mark Walaria; Technical Building Supervisor
We welcome you all to this program and to share with you on what we do at the Project Office and how this office can assist Catholic communities.
- WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE OFFICE?
- Assist agencies with the evaluation of potential projects
- Assist agencies with writing donor proposals for projects
- Monitor the tender process and builders activities after the contract is awarded
- Ensure transparency and accountability for all funds given by Donor organizations
- Increase the visibility of the role of the Project Office with the CADR agencies through various forms of promotion.
- To assist smooth and efficient implementation of the approved proposal
- To assist the development of CADR for rural and urban communities of East New Britain.
- WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THE FUNDS?
Any Education or health provider, women and youth groups or organization overseen by the Catholic Archdiocese of Rabaul. But not INDIVIDUALS or business organizations.
- WHY IT IS NECESSARY FOR PEOPLE TO KNOW THE IMPORTANCE OF THE OFFICE?
THE Project Office is set up by the Archdiocese of Rabaul to serve the Catholic Diocese communities in terms of Health and Education infrastructure, women and youth activities, chapels and priest house. It is a services office and therefore cost nothing to the communities.
It is important for people to know about this office for the following main reasons;
- Nowadays there are very high expectations of donor organisations in regards to proposal writing and presentation, financial and technical reporting.
- The Project Office has the task of coordinating all project proposals from agency schools, health facilities and communities in the best interest of the Archdiocese of Rabaul.
- WHERE? (LOCATION, CONTACT#)
The office is located here in Vunapope (upstairs from Fr. Francis Meli’s Office)
Opposite the Radio Peter ToRot station.
You can call us on this telephone #: 982 8344 or Email on this email address: [email protected]
It is important recipients must fill out the initial Project Request Survey forms. They must be prepared to take ownership for their project and come to the Project Office appointment with a brief outline and information on your proposal. This enables the Project Office to effectively partner and assist you to apply for donor agency support. Most donor organisations expect agencies or communities to contribute counter-part funding contribution towards the project. At this early stage, there is no need for detail plans until advice from the Project Office as can be costing and unnecessary.
We will assist, resource, guide and support recipients for their project proposal, then if a donor accepts a proposal, Project Office aids the implementation, monitoring and completion of the project and project funding.
AFTERWARDS, PLEASE COME AND TAKE A COPY OF THE BACKGROUND SURVEY FORMS FROM THE PROJECT OFFICE. TALK TO ONE OF US WITH ANY QUERIES.
Thank you very much for your time with us. May you have a pleasant day.